Are you still using Facebook’s old FBML tabs for your Facebook Business Page?
If so, now is the time to make the change!!!
The final official end date that all FBML tabs will cease to work and will be removed from Facebook by Facebook is set for June 6, 2012.
There have been many changes since September 2011, when Facebook announced the end of FBML with a tiered “retirement” plan. Users have not been able to add FBML apps since last year and Facebook stopped support and bug fix monitoring for FBML on January 1, 2012.
Now the last phase, removal, is scheduled for June 6, 2012. The time has come for those of us who love to be the last of the holdouts or simply forgot, but you are still using a FBML tab on your Facebook fan page, you need to fully transition to FBiframes iframe/HTML Editor app and depart from FBML coding completely. Fan Page Admins can create i-Frame (HTML) apps from scratch if desired with our customized WYSIWYG Editor, if you have no coding knowledge. However, if Page Admins have some basic knowledge of HTML coding, you can utilize the HTML view window to code your own page.
If your Facebook business page has the app icon shown below, which indicates an FBML app, then you will want to make a change!
If you are totally confused about FBML, here is a brief Q & A:
1. What is FBML and should I care?
If you are using FBML on their Facebook Fan Pages, then yes you should!!! FBML is Facebook’s original framework for serving custom content on fan page tabs.
2. What is Facebook’s preferred method for adding custom tabs to Fan Pages, now?
3. As a non-coder/programmer what can I do to create a custom Facebook Page tab/app?
FBiframes allows Page Admins to build sophisticated tabs without knowing coding.
Our platform offers robust capabilities including the ability for non-coders to do the following:
• Add Videos to custom tabs
• Run Contests and Sweepstakes on Fan Pages
• Add/Edit Content easily on Tabs
• Facebook Social Plugins such as Comments, Like button, Send, included with all apps
• Customize Lead Generation forms or embed E-mail Sign-up forms
• Add your Blog and Twitter feeds
• Create a fan-gating mechanism with our Like-Gate tool
• Embed your website
and much more!